Christie’s is a name and place that speaks of extraordinary art, unparalleled service and expertise. Founded in 1766 by James Christie, Christie’s conducted the greatest auctions of the 18th, 19th and 20th centuries, and today remains a popular showcase for the unique and the beautiful. Christie’s offers over 450 sales annually in over 80 categories, including all areas of fine and decorative arts, jewelry, photographs, collectibles, wine, and more. Prices range from $200 to over $80 million.
Christie’s International Real Estate is the luxury real estate arm of Christie’s, the fine art auction house. This wholly owned subsidiary was established in 1995 and is an international network of high-end real estate brokers. It is the largest international network of independent real estate brokers specializing in the sale of important properties. The network is comprised of more than 132 real estate firms with more than 950 offices and approximately 27,700 sales associates. Each real estate firm is selected for affiliation through a careful screening process that includes meeting stringent professional standards and demonstrating proven records of success in handling distinctive properties. The combined annual sales volume of all affiliate real estate companies is approximately $106 billion
What Christies Stands For
- 140 affiliated brokerage
- 950 offices
- 46 countries
- 27,000 sales associates
- The only real estate network owned by a fine art auction house
- Specializing in luxury properties valued at US$1 million and above (800,000 CDN and above)
- 60 percent of visitors to www.christiesrealestate.com come from countries other than the United States
- 60 percent of property listings outside the United States, is a key factor in attracting international visitors emphasises the global nature of our product offering
- Average price listed on the website is US$4.2 million
- Network achieved US$106 billion in sales in 2013
- As an exclusive Affiliate of Christie’s International Real Estate, Profusion Realty is distinguished as best in class. We benefit from ties to the world’s leading art auction house and its global real estate network.
- Beyond gaining a competitive advantage in our local market with Profusion Realty, Christie’s International Real Estate affords you the opportunity of engaging a worldwide audience of high-net-worth homebuyers outside your local sphere.
- Profusion Realty is an exclusive Affiliate of Christie’s International Real Estate and only their representative in Montreal.
- Only real estate network solely dedicated to the sale and marketing of high-end properties.
- World’s largest network of brokers specializing in high-value real estate.
- Only real estate network owned by a fine art auction house.
- Profusion Realty brings a depth of expertise and excellence that mirrors everything that Christie’s does to sell the world’s most significant homes.
- Christie’s International Real Estate works with Affiliates that are hand selected for their expertise in selected
geographies and their extraordinary level of service. Together with Profusion Realty, we bring the world’s most desired luxury homes to the world’s most discerning buyers.
CHRISTIE’S INTERNATIONAL REAL ESTATE MAGAZINE
- Published quarterly, with issues in March, June, September & December
- Circulation : 65,000 copies + digital version
- Christie’s Clients – 8,000 copies
The magazine is mailed to select Christie’s clients and will be available at more than 450 sales held by Christie’s each year. The auction house commands a worldwide presence with 10 salerooms and 53 offices
in 32 countries, including in the cities of London, New York, Paris, Dubai, and Hong Kong.
- Affiliate Network – 30,000 copies
The magazine is distributed by the Christie’s International Real Estate network of Affiliates on 6 of 7 continents
(North America, South America, Europe, Africa, Asia, and Australia) which consists of more than 950 real estate
offices in over 46 countries.
- Canada (British Columbia, Ontario and Quebec)
- Central America (Costa Rica and Mexico)
- Islands (Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Bermuda, Cayman Islands, Dominican Republic,
Puerto Rico, Saint Barthelemy, Saint Maarten, Turks and Caicos Islands and US Virgin Islands)
- Europe (Austria, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland)
- Oceania (Australia, Fiji and New Zealand)
- South Africa (Cape Town)
- South America (Argentina, Brazil and Uruguay)
- Central and Western, USA (Arizona, California, Colorado, District of Columbia, Hawaii, Idaho, Texas,
Utah and Wyoming)
- Northeastern, USA (Connecticut, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New
York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Virginia, West Virginia and Vermont)
- Southeastern, USA (Florida, Georgia, North Carolina and South Carolina)
- Average value of featured properties in magazine: $9,650,000
- Average reader age: 40-55 years*
- Ultra-high-net-worth and high-net-worth professionals
- Enjoy a high quality of life
- Experienced global travellers
- Owners of multiple properties
- Married/cohabiting/supporting families
TYPICAL READER JOB TITLES INCLUDES:
- Non-Executive Director
- Board Member
- Managing Director
- Head of Department
- Senior Vice President
(source: Christie’s Database Center)